Cox Technic Offers Relief for Spinal Stenosis, Disc Herniation & Failed Low Back Surgery Syndrome Patients.

We treat a lot of back issues at Red Rock Chiropractic Center, but there are three conditions that are without a doubt the toughest to tackle. These are spinal stenosis, disc herniation and failed low back surgery syndrome. We are continuing to see an increase in the number of patients with challenging or complex low back issues, perhaps partly because of the aging population in our area. One of the most common sources of back pain for our elderly patients is spinal stenosis. This is when the spinal canal narrows due to degeneration or the canals through which the nerves exit the spine begin to narrow. As we age, our discs lose some of the fluid that helps them maintain flexibility, which can make them more susceptible to injury and herniation. Failed low back surgery syndrome is characterized by chronic back and/or leg pain that occurs after spinal surgery.

To treat these three tough conditions, Dr. Kyle uses a well-researched treatment method called Cox Technic. It is a specialized form of treatment that utilizes a specific table to gently distract the spine. This helps to relieve pressure on the disc and nerves by opening the spinal canals. Nerve pressure is a common source of pain for many stenosis, disc herniation and failed low back surgery syndrome cases, and many patients have found the Cox technique helpful in reducing this pressure. Cox Technic is well-tolerated, even by people who have had several low back surgeries. Dr. Kyle treats one patient who has had six low back surgeries, and visits our office occasionally to find relief with the Cox technique.

The average doctor can easily treat the 80 percent of the people who visit chiropractic clinics with sprains, strains, general aches and pains. It’s the other 20 percent of patients with tougher cases who need a doctor who is trained in a variety of specific techniques to effectively treat and manage pain. That’s why we aim to have many chiropractic, massage and nutrition options available to find relief for as close to 100 percent of patients as possible. If you’ve tried exercises or general chiropractic adjustments at another clinic; if you’re considering low back surgery or you’ve had low back surgery; or  if you simply have persistent or chronic back pain, you owe it to yourself to give the Cox technique a try. It has been shown to safely, naturally and effectively treat more complex and challenging low back cases.

Some doctors shy away from treating tough cases such as spinal stenosis, disc herniation and failed low back surgery syndrome, but Dr. Kyle truly enjoys the challenge of helping these patients find relief. We can’t always help 100 percent of our patients, but we can help many of them. If you’re one of the 20 percent of chiropractic patients with complex low back issues, please know significant relief and improvement is many times attainable. Visit www.coxtechnic.com or give us a call to see how we can help you find relief.